Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 4 Week 6

Dear Everyone,

    It does not feel like the end of the transfer; these past six weeks have gone by so fast and I have learned so much. This past week we found out that our area is being closed to Spanish work. My companion took it really hard and we spent most of the week preparing for that event. We updated the area book (a book that lists the areas, potential investigators, previous investigators, progressing investigators and all other information that a missionary transferring in might need to know to work effectively), taught a few lessons and prepared our investigators to be handed over to another set of Elders. It has been an interesting week...

    This week though, I found out my purpose for being here. We went over to this lovely family's house and had a wonderful dinner. I fit right into the family and we talked about a variety of subjects: English history and literature, gospel doctrine and other fine conversation. Then came the question: "Do you really feel that you can make it into the Celestial Kingdom?" (The Celestial Kingdom is the Kingdom of God, it is where God lives and His Son Jesus Christ). It touched my heart because I had wondered that same thing and even though I tried my best and even though this fine sister and her husband had tried their best, they still doubted their ability to enter into their Heavenly Father's presence once more. It was with great joy that I was able to share the message of hope. To enter into the Celestial Kingdom, in the lowest level therein, one must only keep the first principles and ordinances of the gospel, namely: Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins by one holding the proper priesthood authority, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands and enduring to the end. Everyone who does their best to keep these simple principles is on their way home.

     "The Gospel is easy, life is hard." That is the beauty of the Gospel, that is the beauty of the love and mercy that God has for His children. He's not trying to trick us. He has provided the way for us to return unto Him and partake of a joy beyond measure and we have but to follow it in faith with the hope that He will keep His promises. He has called prophets, apostles, pastors, teachers, evangelists and so forth to teach these great principles and with proper authority to perform the ordinances necessary to salvation and Eternal Life. He has provided families for us to be nurtured in and taught, He has provided the light of Christ, our way of knowing good from evil, and Agency, our ability to choose between the two. Most of all He has provided a Savior, someone to take upon Himself the sins of the world that if we would but repent, turn unto Him and follow His example, we could be saved. My testimony is that Jesus Christ is that Savior. He atoned for all the sins of the world and paid the price for us, if we would but follow Him. The odds truly are stacked in our favor.

    I am so grateful for the hope this gospel brings not only in my life, but in the lives of all those around me. I am grateful for the truth that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father, that we have divine identity and eternal potential. I am grateful to know that we are never alone, that even if everyone in the world turned us away, there is one who would not and will not abandon us: Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am grateful for the changes the gospel has helped me make in my life through the refining fire of trials and promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am grateful for my faith in Christ, the foundation of my life and His love. Most of all, I am grateful to share that message with all those I know and love. I know this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the  church of Jesus Christ restored through a modern day prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that he did indeed see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that we have a Prophet on the Earth today, even Thomas S. Monson. I am so grateful to have a church built on the rock of revelation. A living Church, one that breathes and speaks and feels. These things I know and I leave them with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts