Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 3 Week 4

Ello Everyone,

    I am so happy to be back in the Cary area! Being in Goldsboro was a great experience and I look forward to returning, but there is nothing like my home ward. I had the honor of working with Elders Chupin and Rees once more and the work has been pressing forward quite nicely. Their first reactions were 1. Excited to have me back and 2. "You look chubbier." Oh well, I'm glad to be back.  While I was gone one of the investigators I had been working with got baptized! :) Damaris has been such a great addition to the branch and she has been bringing friends to church each Sunday! A few of them are also close to baptism along with a couple of families we are also working with. We also tracted into a member who had not been to church in 20 years! We were guided to her and have been able to invite her back to church. :) I love our bountiful blessings. :D Another large part of week has been helping set up the Creche Display at the Stake Center. Every year for at least since I became a member about 4 years ago, we've had a huge display of nativities accompanied by various musical talents concluding with the powerfully majestic Handel's "Messiah." I have had the pleasure performing as a part of a couple of different groups over the years and this year was no different. However, most of my time was not spent performing, but in setting up and taking down the various components of the Creche celebration. ^^

    As for me personally, I've been a bit sick since last Monday which was getting better until Saturday morning when my health declined again.. Accursed winter illnesses.... Lovely... Besides that though, my week has contained innumerable blessings.

    I love my mission! I've been out for 3 months and a week and it feels like it has gone by so quickly. I don't know if it is because of the amount of areas I've been through or the depth of focus that is required or just the sheer excitement to be out here that is causing it to slip by so suddenly. Sadly I've heard it only goes by quicker as you go along. On to happier thoughts though... I'm glad to have at least 15 more months of this.

    One of the great things that I have learned over the past few months is to be proactively happy. Even when things do not seem so great or when everything seems to be falling apart, putting forth effort to remain in a hopeful, faithful state knowing that there will be difficulties, but looking at them as opportunities to grow. I have found it to be a great blessing in this work, especially when the highs and lows can come at anytime. I know that my having a sure foundation or faith in Christ has given me stability in an otherwise unstable environment.

    The gospel of Jesus Christ is such a comfort, the simple but profound principles therein are such a blessing. Faithful applications of this gospel knowledge is the key to receiving wisdom and in progressing in happiness in this life and in the life to come. These things I know: The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and mankind can come closer to God by abiding by its precepts than by the precepts of any other book. It is a second witness to the divinity of Jesus Christ and of His sacred mission. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that through him the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored in its original state once more. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the restored church of Jesus Christ on the earth today.  The Gospel truly is a light.. It illuminates the human mind and enlarges the soul, it casts out demons and shapes those who follow it into better people, enabling them to overcome the worldly and march on in a more excellent way. Jesus is the Christ, He lives and continues to guide His church through modern Prophets and through modern day revelation. This is my testimony, in His name, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,

Elder Roberts