Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 4 Week 1

Dear Everyone,

    I cannot believe a whole transfer has gone by it feels like both an eternity and no time at all. Many of the Elders that I had met the past few transfers have completed their missions and have gone home. A farewell to the departing and a welcome those who are just beginning. I have had the honor of getting to know three of the new missionaries and meeting most of them during training meeting this past week. This week has been an incredible one. We've set baptismal dates in both Cary 2nd and 3rd wards, met "elect" investigators or "truth seekers" and are now teaching them. We were also able to take one of our investigators to a baptism and also on a walk around the Temple grounds. :)

    One of the "elect" that we found was while I was with the Spanish missionaries tracting (knocking doors). She invited us in an almost immediately we were able to teach the First lesson. Elder Chase and I taught most of the lesson since she spoke better English than Spanish, which was a nice change. I was glad to dust off my teaching skills and polish them up a bit. I ended up saying too much though and Elder Chupin got onto me. Thankfully when we taught her the 2nd lesson later that week I did a lot better in simplifying and using scriptures to back what I was teaching ^^

    Another really awesome investigator is getting married on the 16th to one of our recent converts! :D I am so happy for them! The rest of our investigators continue to progress and I am always glad to see them at church each Sunday. They seem happy to see me too, even if my Spanish is a bit off... OK a lot off. XD

    I am so glad that I am able to see the differences that are being made in the lives around me. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly is a Gospel of happiness and change. It salvages that which seems irreplaceable, binds up broken hearts, casts out the devils that plague us, changes the sinners to saints through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and polishes the good to better and best. I have a testimony of the first principles and ordinances of the gospel: Faith in Jesus Christ: the Son of God, Our redeemer, advocate with the Father, the rock of salvation and foundation of our testimony, Repentance: the change of heart that purifies our hearts and minds through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and allows us to begin anew, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins: the cleansing ordinance in which we make covenants with Our Heavenly Father to always remember His Son and strive to be like Him, The Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands: the promise of the constant guidance and companionship of the Holy Ghost as we strive to keep ourselves worthy and finally Enduring to the End: doing our best to keep the covenants we have made and making the best use of the Atonement in our progression through trials, tribulations and other obstacles. I know that in doing these things there is power, there is strength to overcome that which seems impossible to overcome. This is my testimony, that as we do our best to have faith in Christ, repent of our wrong doings, be baptized by immersion for the remission of sins by the proper priesthood authority for those who are not members or partake of the sacrament and renew that covenant for those who are, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost daily in our lives as we strive to keep those covenants and Endure to the end, there will a peace and happiness that attend you through the sorest of trials for you will have an unshakable foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall, even the foundation of Jesus Christ and His Gospel. In His name I testify of these things, even Jesus Christ. Amen


With Love,

Elder Roberts

P.S. Happy Late New Year
P.P.S. Have a wonderful week!