Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 7 Week 1

Hello everyone,

    Well, another week has gone by quite nicely. I returned to volunteering at Meals on Wheels and at the library and helped the Spanish Elders by driving them around. I spend the first half of the week using a mini van to get around. It worked out fine though and I got my car back a few days later. We've been teaching one of our "recent" convert's family and it has gone pretty well. We watched "The Restoration," and they were able to finally understand what we meant by a restoration. I find that that movie clears up a lot of questions concerning the basic principles and doctrines concerning the need and also the events of the restoration, even if certain aspects of the restoration were left out. Well, that went quite well and we had a few really other good lessons during the week. I am looking for other volunteering opportunities, so if you have any, even if it is a garden to be weeded, I 'd love to know.

    Well, I learned a lot this week and my Spanish has improved. I read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon in Spanish and I am working on recognizing common words and the pronunciation of the larger words. I was teaching our Japanese foreign exchange student a few of the basics of Spanish and I noticed just how much oral word goes into it. He noted that a good number of the sounds correspond with some Japanese sounds. I wonder if Jeff noticed that during his mission? Well, on my Meals on Wheels route there was an elderly lady who had her husband pass away. I was glad to be able to go over and deliver her meal and have a prayer before I went. I am very grateful for how much strength both prayer and the knowledge of the gospel give. I have used both quite frequently these past months to over come many a trial.

    We had a marvelous sacrament meeting on Sunday. It was themed around Mother's day of course and the primary children got up and sang a few numbers. There were three speakers, but the second speaker really got to me. I don't remember specific words or anything in particular, but there was a confirmation of the sacred calling that motherhood and womanhood are. Thank goodness for mothers, none of us would be here without them.

    Therefore, let us all be more appreciative and show greater love towards our mothers, whatever type they may be; by type I mean friends who mother us, mothers who mother other mother's children, foster mothers, adoptive mothers, or just women and young women who exercise inherent mothering traits.

    I love this calling. I love the opportunity to serve and to reach out to those I may not have met otherwise. I love the opportunity to learn and grow ever so much. I love this church and the opportunity I have to serve within it. I know that this church is the true and living church of Jesus Christ. I know that Thomas S Monson is His Prophet and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God along with the Holy Bible; both are testaments to the divinity of the Son of God, even Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that "by Him and through Him and of Him the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants are begotten sons and daughters unto God." In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts