Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 7 Week 3

Dear Everyone,
 
    I got transferred to Dunn! I am now working with Elder Bentley from Sandy, Utah and we have had quite a time tracting and teaching. We had sacrament meeting with a pretty medium sized ward and the Stake President was there giving a talk on being active participants in the work of salvation. Whether it be service to our fellow men or our kindred dead. I have been learning a lot about being humble and having more charity for those we meet and teach. I was reading Alma today and I read the verse where the sons of Mosiah were heading out to try to convince the Lamanites of the error of the traditions of their fathers. They loved them so much that the thought of any soul perishing caused them great pain. The thing that stood out to me was that in the verse right after that, I think, it says that so had the Spirit worked upon them, for they were the vilest of sinners. They went from being so hard hearted that they were tearing down the church and persecuting members, to having such broken and changed hearts as to desire the salvation of all their brethren, even those who murdered and robbed his people for the fun of it. That is the power the Spirit has in converting the hearts and minds of men and it is that very Spirit that we seek to cultivate in our lives and in our homes. That we, our children and those around us might feel of that Spirit and receive that great gift of conversion, that change of heart that causes us to "shake at the appearence of sin." That we have no desire to do evil, but to do good continually. May we so cultivate this Holy Spirit through fatithful prayer and by obedience to the will of the Lord.
 
I know that by following the will of the Lord we will attain greater levels of joy, peace and happiness in our lives. I know that this church is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's Prophet on the earth today. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and with the Holy Bible, it stands as another witness of the divine sonship of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I know that Jesus is the Son of God and that He lives. He lives and guides this church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 
With Love,
 
Elder Roberts.