Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 8 Week 6

Hello Everyone,

    I am about to leave the Knightdale area and return to Cary once more. I have learned so much in the last almost two weeks and I know with a greater assurance that this is the Lord's work. It seems that everywhere we went was guided by the Spirit; we would be biking along and someone would whisper: "You should talk to that person" or "Go back." Many times there would not be a reason why, just the prompting to go back. Sometimes there would be a wonderful conversation and other times not so much, but when we felt them, we followed them. If not one of us, the other would. I gained a greater testimony that sometimes the Lord directs us to do something simple just to see if we will listen. In a way, building our trust in His voice and preparing us for greater direction that would be harder to follow without those previous promptings. I have gained a greater admiration for my companion and his willingness to follow, even when it seemed we were being led in all different directions. It takes humility and trust to say "yes, it is really hot and we are almost home, but if thou would have us to bike all the way back there, we will." It is wonderful to be in a work that does require that second by second direction, that continuous revelation. I have gained a greater testimony of the Book of Mormon as I have testified of it and have studied the words of Christ within. There is such a peace and light that radiates into my life as I read it. True to the testimonies therein, it does destroy the false teachings and moral ambiguity. It tears down the teaching of Nehor and Korihor and shows that there is a God of Justice and of Mercy, a God of perfect Law. I was involved in a lesson and was happily setting forth principles and talking of the restoration of the Gospel and came to the First Vision. The feelings of peace and joy that attended the sharing of that sacred experience were incredible; it felt almost like being drenched in happiness. Words cannot express or articulate in any sense the feelings of a personal witness by the power of the Holy Ghost. We were talking in priesthood meeting about faith and where faith comes from, I raised my hand and said it came from action.. Well, action can lead to faith, but is not the source of faith. Faith comes from the power of the Holy Ghost. As I have sought to cultivate the presence of the Holy Ghost, by striving to keep my baptismal covenants and as Elder Bednar said "to be a good boy," my faith, or my capacity for action and power in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ have increased. My testimony of the validity of my faith has increased and with the witnesses of the Holy Ghost that I have received my conviction and my conversion have deepened. It is Alma chapter 32 being played out; and I love every minute of it. I want each and every one of you to know that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that it is more words of Christ that testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ and His Gospel. I know that the Bible is the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly and that its main purpose is to testify of the Messiah. The Old Testament testifying that a Messiah would come and the need for a Messiah. The New Testament testifying that He did indeed come, that He taught His Gospel in its fullness and that He established His church with a foundation of Apostles and Prophets, He being the Chief Cornerstone. That He suffered, died and was resurrected that the obstacles of sin and death might be overcome. That He ascended to the Father and that He will return. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He lives and that He will come again. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that President Thomas S. Monson is God's mouthpiece for the world today. These things I know and say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts