Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 9 Week 2

Dear Everyone,

    This week was spent in the service of the missionaries, The Healing Place Thrift Store and the Meals on Wheels of Wake County organization. I was able to spend quite a bit of time volunteering at these places and then was able to spend some time in the Temple before heading down to Georgia for the weekend. We had a death in the family and so I was able to go and to participate in the funeral service and visit a bit with my siblings. It was weird to see how much my siblings had grown up. I was humbled by the effect the Gospel had had in my and how it has changed my thinking almost entirely. The way I see things, the way I act and the way I feel has been so affected by my knowledge and testimony, my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in His Gospel. I have been able to see it first hand in my ministry and in my own life as it has shaped me and others those who accept it. I have felt the natural man being changed, desires and appetites purified through faithfulness and sanctified through the companionship of the Holy Ghost. It strengthens my testimony to see these changes and to feel the love of my Father in Heaven so strongly. I know that God is Our literal Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ is His Son, the Savior and Redeemer of mankind. He is the Light and the Life of this world and the Way home. I am so grateful to be a carrier of His name to those who know Him not and those who have not yet accepted Him as their personal savior by having faith in Him and keeping the commandments that have been given by Him. I have a testimony of a literal resurrection. That one day we will be allowed to take back up our physical bodies, glorified, void of imperfections and immortal, and that we will stand in Christ's presence to be judged of Him.  I know that life does not end at the grave for it has been testified that even as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Job declared that even though the skin worms would destroy his body, yet in his flesh would he see God. I declare my witness that Jesus is the Christ, that through His atoning sacrifice He overcame physical death, that all might be resurrected and brought back into His presence to be judged as it says in Revelation: "every man according to their works." I have a testimony of repentance, of the peace it brings to align our will with the will of the Father and to forsake all to follow the example His Son has given us. These things I know, that the way has been restored, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the fullness thereof, has been restored through a modern day prophet and that we have it available to us to become who God would have us be, and to "become heirs of Eternal Life." Of these things I bear my witness, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts