Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 9 Week 4

Dear Everyone,

    This week has been an interesting one. I continued my work at the Temple, both as a patron and as a worker. As always, being in the House of the Lord was a sweet and humbling experience. I am grateful for the time I am able to spend there and cherish each moment. I was able to deliver on three days this week with the Meals on Wheels organization, which is one more day than usual. It was much easier to deliver on one of the routes since the road construction near where I deliver was nearing completion. I was also able to continue volunteering at the Healing Place Thrift Store where I was able to talk about my views on morality and modesty once more. I was also able to share my opinions on the family and the importance thereof. Well, I went with the Spanish Elders and we were able to teach a few lessons and even found out that one of our members was coming back to town to visit. The week ended with a baptism in the branch. The daughter of one of our recent converts made the decision to move forward in faith and partake of the sweet blessing of baptism. One of the Elders in the Spanish branch performed the baptism and the little girl was all smiles afterward. It was a very touching experience to witness that. We had a great sacrament meeting on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the purifying and enabling powers of that infinite and eternal sacrifice. In my study this week I read many chapters out of Genesis and studied the topics of holiness and charity. The different meanings or facets of holiness particularly intrigued me. In Jarom 5:1 it states that the Nephites kept the Sabbath day holy unto the Lord, which could be wholly unto the Lord, meaning that in that day all they did was unto the Lord. In this same instance it could also mean completely. Holy could also mean set apart or consecrated as possibly dictated in D&C 124:44. In 2nd Nephi 31:5 it could be complete or pure as in, if Christ being pure or complete needs baptism, so do we as sinners. Finally, a cross reference of Alma 12:30 speaking on holy works leads to Luke 8:14-15 which shows a comparison of those who flourish in the gospel and bring forth fruit and those who are choked by the cares of the world. Fun stuff :D. Charity was an equally edifying topic to study and I invite all to seek understanding of the principles and doctrines associated with charity. I know it will be a blessing to you and to those who you associate with.

    I love being a missionary. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ and of His church. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I was reading this past week in second Nephi chapter four and the spirit pierced my heart with a powerful yet delicate witness of the divinity of the Book of Mormon. I know that the Holy Ghost is real and that He truly is the Comforter and testator of truth. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He is God's Son. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, the perfect parent who knows and loves each and every one of us. He rejoices with us and mourns with us. May we all remember that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father with our own divine attributes. This is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

With Love,

Elder Roberts