Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 10 Week 1

Dear Everyone,

       This week has been a pretty interesting week. I spent quite a lot of time with the Elders and went from place to place eating and teaching with them. On Tuesday I spent most of the day driving back and forth from Cary to Raleigh to Cary to Raleigh to Cary to Garner to Apex. I had a wonderful time at transfer meeting because I was able to see so many of the missionaries that I have come to love. Sadly, Elder Larsen's mission had come to an end and he was departing with a few other missionaries I knew. Thankfully, I was able to bid him farewell. We lost two missionaries in the transfer, but their replacements are wonderful missionaries. One of them has been out one week and the other is on his last transfer, so we have both ends of the spectrum. We have some new investigators and have been having quite a time getting in touch with them. We also have some not so new investigators where we are having the same difficulties. Well, the work shall go on. We were able to have a really good lesson with one of our contacts from this past week and the lesson went really well. The Cary Spanish Elders did really well in cultivating a spirit of reverence and peace during the lesson and inviting the family to act. I was grateful to be able to share my testimony and add my witness that those things spoken by the Elders were true. As far as service outside the full time teaching Elders goes, I went and volunteered at Meals on Wheels and also at the Thrift Store. I was down a day at both of them due to transfers, so it was good to return on Thursday and Wednesday respectively. I spent Tuesday night after transfers at the Temple, I look forward to going more days this week.

    I have a goal of reading the entire Book of Mormon this 6 week transfer and am currently reading 12 pages a day to complete it. I know that as I do I will draw closer to the Savior and invite the daily revelation that I need as I read, study, ponder and pray about the will of the Father. I love being a missionary. I love the time that I have to reach out and serve others in the work of the Lord. I know that this church is true, that it is Christ's church restored once again upon the earth. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father in the flesh. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S. Monson. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is real and baptism truly is essential to salvation. There is only one way and Christ is that way, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts