Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 10 Week 2

Dear Everyone,

    This week I volunteered at the Healing Place Thrift Store and also at Meals on Wheels. On Tuesday night I worked at the Temple and was able to go as a patron on Wednesday morning. I usually go to District Meeting afterward, but when I went there was no one there. I waited for quite some time and then found out they were all at a training meeting. Well, I went out with the missionaries several nights this week and we had some great lessons. We had an especially good lesson last night with one of the families in the branch. The Spirit was very strong there and we were able to teach by that Spirit and help bring someone closer to Christ. It was that lesson, more than any other in my mission, that highlighted the importance of eternal families and the role the Gospel of Jesus Christ has in forming and sustaining such families. I know that as they continue to learn and grow in the Gospel, their lives will be after the manner of happiness.

    Wednesday night I was able to go with one of the Ward missionaries and have a spiritual discussion with one of the sisters in the Ward. It went really well, though I think we were the ones being taught. I hope to make visits with the Ward missionaries on a weekly basis to different families, but am still in the early stages of implementing it.

    Well, all in all this week went pretty well, but was over too quickly. I know that this is the work of the Lord. The Spirit testifies of it. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of all mankind that will humble themselves, come before Him with broken hearts and contrite spirits and accept Him as the Way, the Truth and the Light. I know of the great Plan of Salvation prepared by our Heavenly Father from the beginning for the happiness of each and every one of His children that would choose to follow it. I know that this plan can and does bring lasting happiness, yea, even eternal happiness. I know that I am a child of God and that I do have great worth in His and in my Savior's eyes. I know of the great darkness of the universal apostasy and the glorious light of the restoration. I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S. Monson, who, under the hand of the Messiah, leads this church. I have a testimony of modern day revelation as manifested in the Book of Mormon and other the other standard works, along with the day to day revelation that comes through the Holy Ghost. Of these things I bear my witness, in the names of Him whose church this is, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,

Elder Roberts