Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 10 Week 5

Dear Everyone,

    This week has gone by rather quickly. I volunteered at the Thrift Store and met a new volunteer and was grateful for the opportunity of sharing our mutual convictions of Christian living. I went out with the Spanish Elders from Cary and Garner throughout the week. We have a few progressing investigators, but there is so much opposition. Yet that opposition is just a testimony of the truthfulness of the work. I was blessed to be able to attend the Temple a lot this week. I worked my usual night on Tuesday and was able to join the Elders on Wednesday morning. There is a peace, a joy and a love that can be felt there that is not as powerful anywhere else. Once you have been there, you feel an inner force pushing you above the base influences of the world. Yet, we all have the ability to choose to follow that inner strength or to submit to the darker courses laid out by the adversary. I know that with me it has been a constant battle to overcome and to continue to overcome the influences of the world. So it is with all who endeavor to follow in the footsteps of the Savior.

    I got a letter this week! I do so very much enjoy receiving mail. I know that it is a little different since I am still at home for my mission, but that does not change the fact that missionaries love receiving letters. :)

    I made a cake for a missionary this week since it was his birthday, but the frosting turned out too thin. I put it in my car so I could deliver it and when I went up the exit it slid and the icing dripped out into my seat. :( When I arrived we were able to clean it up though. Thankfully the cake still tasted fine. Next time I will whip the dry ingredients before I add the milk.

    I am grateful to be engaged in the work of the Lord with such valiant men and women. I am grateful for the strong testimonies that have been borne in my presence and the opportunities I have had to participate in the preaching of Christ's Gospel. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and the Son of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God for the convincing of Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ. I know that Thomas S Monson is the Lord's mouthpiece on the earth today and that through him Heavenly Father makes His will known unto His children. Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

WIth Love,
Elder Roberts