Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 1 Week 2

Hello All,

Being an Elder has been quite an experience so far. I got set apart on Sunday night and immediately headed out to Rocky Mount where I met Elder Anderson, Elder Wilson and Elder Nelson and settled in quite nicely. On Preparation day we got up and went about the morning schedule: wake up, exercise, personal and companion study, breakfast ect.. We went to Office Depot to make copies and Wendy's for a nice lunch. Elder Anderson and Elder Wilson went golfing and Elder Nelson and I went to the bookstore where we waited, out of the rain, for Elder Anderson and Wilson to finish. After that we went back home and played Frisbee in the rain. After P-day ended, Elder Anderson and I visited some recent converts: Lorenzo and Judy and then we stopped by and met up with Quantay who had been having a hard time. After these visits we stopped by to visit Tiffany who had just been baptised the previous Saturday. We then headed back to the house to have a planning session and turn in for the night.

Today we had to email because the libraries were closed yesterday. Elder Anderson and I went around delivering media to those who had ordered it. We are so grateful to have the car this week because there are 50 orders to fulfill... We delivered a bible to Julius B. and had a really good discussion on the restoration. He seems to be taking it in pretty well and should see him in a couple of weeks. We then stopped by and dropped off a "Faith in Christ" movie and talked for a bit with Lisa. We then met with Sharay and had an absolutely wonderful teaching experience. She has been searching for the right church for so long and she's finally found it. She's a really good person and sincerely wants to know her Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She felt good when we told the restoration story, especially when we came to the First Vision. She agreed to come to church on Sunday and we are going to bring a member over on Saturday so she has someone to go with. Finally, we went to the Holleman's to drop off a bible. We hope to meet with them again soon.

Overall, it has been a good few days. I know I have so much to learn in the ways to teaching and getting used to things. I am thankful for this opportunity to serve and for the support of my church leaders, friends and family. I love you guys! I love this church. I know that this, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the restored church and the true and living church. I pray that all of you are well and that all of you are having a good week.

With Love,

Elder Andrew J Roberts

P.S. You can email me, but I can't answer. Those who want to write me, email me your mailing address @ tenchi30401@gmail.com