Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 1 Week 4

Hello All,

    First I want to stress just how much I am going to miss this area. I love the members, the investigators, the recent converts and I love my companion. I am definitely visiting whenever I can. Until then though I'm transfering to Raleigh, NC (Spanish speaking).

    This week was bike week so I had the opportunity to bike all over town. I came back to our home very sore, but my sleeping hasn't improved much. That's okay though, I've had the energy I've needed to accomplish the work. We had dinner at Ron's (recent investigator) house, but Lorenzo (recent convert neighbor) invited other people without Ron knowing. This led to an interesting situation where we couldn't follow up with Ron except to leave a message on how Christ knows us individually. I know Elder Anderson will catch up with him this next week. Charlie, Tiffany's dad, is showing progress though. He's started taking the lessons and we watched "The Restoration." He got mad at the one preacher in the movie who was pushing Joseph Smith to come to his church. He also came to church and the last talk seemed completely focused on him. He lost his wife back in February and the talk was on how you don't know what you have till it's gone and how the speaker didn't appreciate his family enough. In Gospel Principles we talked about sacrifice and that hit him pretty hard too.

    We ate at the Clarks and Bro. Clark will be getting baptized at some point. He basically said that he's still preparing to become a member and when he's ready, he'll let us know. :) I met the Wilkins family two days ago and they became my favorite family in the area quite quickly. Brother Wilkins and I are so much alike and think alike and have surprised each other with that. :D I am definitely going to keep in touch and visit them post mission. Their daughter is getting married in December to a hopefully by then member: Alec L. We set a baptismal date for October 11th and we'll see what happens there.

    Matthew will be happy to know that we went to see a chiropractor this week. I didn't think my neck and back could pop so much. :D Bro. Treanor, the second counselor to the bishop, is a chiropractor in the area. He went with us to see Sister Lawrence (Laurence?) who used to be Sister Walker. We had quite a time in that visit because she wasn't reading the pamphlets... Brother Treanor and Elder Anderson saw right through her lie and kept pressing her. We ended up finding out that she was lacking in a testimony of the pre earth life and her purpose. We reaffirmed her commitments and ended on a good note though.. I'm usually the quiet one, which to people who know me is quite funny, but I was quite bold and clearly stated some doctrine and she snapped at me.. It was alright though, we got down to the problem and we are at a point where she needs to pray and press forward.

    I've felt the adversary this week, weighing me down and trying to distract me. It hit it's peak last night after giving a blessing to Sis. Dickens but after a long prayer and some hymns I was fine :)

    We helped the Bentons paint some rooms this week and they are moving out really soon. I will miss them even though I only met them twice..

       I love this work, I love the gospel, I love that I have a opportunity to meet and serve my fellow brethren and sisters. I hope that you are all well and if not I hope you find wellness in the near future. Thanks for the letters/packages :D you have sent, they've been a source of strength.
       
       I know this church is true and I love it!

With love,
  
Elder Roberts