Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 1 Week 5

Dear all,

    This week has been insane! I transferred from Rocky Mount to Raleigh on Tuesday and attended a mission tour by Elder Maynes! He's one of the General Seventy's and his talk/lecture was pretty intense. I learned a lot and gained more of an eternal perspective. My companion for Raleigh was Elder Allen. He's a way awesome guy and we got a lot of tracting done. For the first day we spent a lot of time at the mission tour and then getting everything set up before heading to some appointments. The second day I memorized most of the First Vision in Spanish. Sadly, I was transferred the very next morning to Henderson.

    Henderson has been interesting. I've been dealing with a lot so it has been tough to focus and be cheerful. My companion: Elder Regnier, has been a great support though. We have some great people here and a possible baptism in October :D

    I'm looking forward to General Conference this next weekend. A chance to hear from the Prophet: Thomas S. Monson and the other leaders of the church. I am going to learn so much! It has been a very humbling week and I've had to come to terms with a lot of my weaknesses. I know that the Lord will provide a way for me to overcome them though. It's what life is all about: preparing ourselves to meet God. That means doing our best to overcome whatever trials come our way and coming out stronger because of them, it means setting our sights on Eternity and not getting hung up in the things of the world. I've been hit with that pretty hard my entire mission and especially this week.
   
    I thank everyone for your prayers and letters and emails. :) I need each and every one of them. For those of you sending letters, send them to the Cary, NC address. Thanks!

With love,

Elder Roberts

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!