Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 5 Week 4

Hello everyone,

    It seems like just yesterday I was typing my last entry. I am officially 6 months old as of Saturday! I cannot believe so much time has passed, and yet it seems like so much more. To those of you who have sent me letters, thank you!!!!! There is nothing like getting mail from the outside world.

    This past week has been a pretty interesting one, I was invited to baptise one of our investigators this coming up Sunday. It will be quite interesting for me since I have never baptised someone in Spanish before or anyone taller than my little sister for that matter.  ^^ I also started to volunteer at Helping Hands and spent the first day there fighting off all sorts of viruses on one of their office computers and setting up software so that the printers could run. That reminds me, they wanted me to set up their printer on the computer I cleaned up. I shall have to do that on my next visit. On my second visit I assisted them in delivering and picking up donated items, but we had the misfortune of a flat tire on the way back. I guess that the weight of the dryer was a bit too much for the back tires. I continued my usual services at the Meals on Wheels organisation and met a really sweet couple on one of my stop bys. I was glad to spend a little time with them and swap stories of our lives and those that mean the most to us.  Finally, I helped the Spanish missionaries out by taking them to appointments and helping where I could.

    This week I have really gained a greater appreciation for a personal relationship with God. I know that being able to pray and truly communicate with my Father in Heaven has prepared me and strengthened me against the trials that have come my way. I know that being a disciple of Christ is not an easy task, it wasn't for the primitive members of the Church neither will it be, but as a young man bore yesterday in his testimony, "we have hope." We truly do have hope while we are living true to the principles that we have been taught, as we hold to the rod of iron, the word of God and His Prophets and apostles we will be carried out of these "mists of darkness" and to greater light. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ, it bears His name and His doctrine. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was translated by the power of God by His Prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He lives. I know that there is a Prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S. Monson. These things I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts