Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 5 Week 6

Hello everyone,

    I cannot believe it is Monday already and not only that, but the end of the transfer as well. These past 6 weeks has flown by. This past week I was able to volunteer at Meals on Wheels, Helping Hands and the library while also finding time to help the missionaries and attend the Temple. I also gained a greater love for genealogy and will be starting shifts at the Family History Center this week.

This I found out that my good friend Elder Chupin is being transferred along with Elder Rodrieguez from the Garner Spanish area tomorrow and I will miss them both. I know that they are going where the Lord would have them go though. It has been really crazy this last transfer. We've had a few baptisms, found many new investigators and learned and taught quite a bit.  I have found a greater love for my Heavenly Father and have felt His love and His Spirit more abundantly as I have been laboring in His vineyard. I may not be the smartest, well equipped or best missionary, but the Lord knows when I am trying and where my weaknesses lie and He has found the most tender ways of using me to bless the lives of others, even using the weaknesses. I know that the Lord has a plan for all of His children. Not only here, but all over the world. He is not the God of one people or one nation, but the God of the whole earth and everything in the universe. He knows each and every one of His creations and both notices and loves them. However, we, as His children, are particularly dear to Him. Enough that He sent Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, to show us the way home. We lived with our Father before, we can live with Him again. As we come to follow the Savior and His teachings we will find ourselves on the path back to Our Father and into His kingdom. I know that we have a Prophet on the Earth today, who leads and guides this Church as a mouthpiece of God. When he speaks, he carries the marvelous messages that Our Father would have us know. As we follow him we come closer to the Savior, as we come closer to the Savior, we come closer to The Father. In so doing we move closer and closer to life eternal where we will know "the only true God and Jesus Christ whom [he did send.]" These things I know and leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts