Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 5 Week 5

Hello everyone,

    This past week was amazing. I assisted the missionaries in moving a lot of people progress towards baptism, attended the Temple and still found time to volunteer at Meals on Wheels and The Helping Hands Mission. There were two baptisms on Sunday for the Spanish Branch and I had the sweet experience of being able to baptise Enrique while Hermano Juanico baptised his wife Estella. I was still a bit nervous since my last baptism was a couple of years ago and in English as opposed to Spanish, but all went well. I've really gained a stronger testimony and conviction of the commandments of God and the standards of the Church. In the places I volunteer I have been able to see how living at various levels of law can really affect freedom and personal happiness. There is a distinct difference in the feelings of comfort and peace that attend those who keep the commandments and the feelings of frustration and contention that attend those who do not. It really hurts to see people living certain lifestyles when you know that they are missing such an important thing in their life. It reminds me of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah when they saw the Lamanites and their murderous and wicked ways. They wanted to bring them to a knowledge of the false traditions of their fathers and bring them into the light of the gospel. They suffered all manners of affliction: being smote on the cheek, stoned, bound with cords and cast into prison, spit upon and mocked. They suffered all this that "perhaps [they] might be the means of saving one soul." For in doing so they supposed they would have joy. So, they pressed on in spreading the word, bearing affliction with patience and faithfulness and their success was so great not only in the quantity of souls, thousands, but in the quality of the conversion inasmuch as they did never fall away. I hope to develop such a zeal for the redemption of my brethren.

    I know that this is the Gospel of Christ unto the salvation of everyone that believeth. I know that this Church is the Church of Jesus Christ and that He leads and guides this Church as of old, through a modern day Prophet, even Thomas S. Monson. I know that salvation cometh only through the Lord Jesus Christ and there is no other name given whereby salvation cometh, but that He came not to save people in their sins, but to save them from their sins. I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He has prepared a way that all might repent and come unto Him. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that through him the Church of Jesus Christ was again restored on the earth, with a foundation of Apostles, Prophets and the Chief Corner stone, even Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and that man can come closer to God by abiding the precepts and doctrine therein. I know this because I have sought and gained a testimony for myself, by the power of the Holy Ghost, who reveals all truth to the children of Man. These things I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

With love,

Elder Roberts

P.S. Have a wonderful week!