Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 11 Week 3

Dear Everyone,

    This week has been an interesting one. We had a combined preparation day and the entire zone met at the stake center and played various games. Afterwards I went with the Spanish Elders to a couple of families and shared a spiritual thought. On Tuesday I joined the Spanish Elders at the Dorcas Thrift Shop and helped them with volunteer work there. That night I went to the Temple and met the new Temple President. I asked one of the workers there what the best way to stay focused on my mission was. He replied that I should remember that it only happens once and I cannot get this time back. That is very true. Time is one of the great blessings we have been given in this life and we are charged with making the best use of it. Wednesday morning I had the opportunity to attend District Meeting and was edified therein. I then went to get my oil changed and continued to the Thrift Store to volunteer. I met a new volunteer and got to know him as we worked in the back room. That night I went with the Cary Elders and we visited a few families. Thursday morning I helped the Holly Springs Elders switch back from an exchange and went from Cary to their apartment, from there apartment to Morrisville and from there back to their apartment. Afterward I went to Raleigh for Meals on Wheels and then to the Thrift Store. I tried my hand at making flan and it turned out alright. It was a little undercooked, but tasted fine. That night I went with the Spanish Elders and went on splits with one of them after we had dinner with the Ramirez family. We stopped by some people but the people we wanted to see were not there. Friday morning I went back to the Temple and felt the great influence of the Spirit. I had my study in the waiting room and was greatly edified. I went home for lunch and then went to the Thrift Store to volunteer. We have been getting a lot of donations recently and it seems that everyday the back room is full again. I was at a different thrift store on Tuesday and when I came back the next day it was packed! On Saturday we had an incredible adult session of Stake Conference. I was able to see people I had not seen in almost a year and a half and was pleased to be able to listen to marvelous counsel. We are very blessed to have the Stake, Temple and Mission leaders that we do. I had the pleasure of singing in the Stake Choir and the music really touched my heart. I felt closer to the Savior and was prepared to receive the revelation I needed. We had the general session of Stake Conference on Sunday and that went really well. I loved the Mission President's message on missionary work and how it served many purposes for him to share that. We had a baptism afterward at the Cary building for the Spanish Branch and I was able to make a dessert for the get together afterwards. I went with the English Elders that night and had dinner with one family and stopped by a couple of others.

    I love being a missionary, I love the feeling of having the companionship of the Holy Ghost and the sweet assurance that I am doing the Father's will. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the cleansing and enabling power that come from it. I love the wonderful Elders I am privileged to work with and look forward to serving alongside one next transfer. I have had a wonderful learning opportunity and an opportunity to teach by the Spirit. I would not trade anything for the time that I have been able to spend here. I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that through him the Lord has restored His church on the earth. The Book of Mormon is evidence of this and all can receive and answer, from God, through prayer. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that through the Book of Mormon I have a surer witness of that. He is the Messiah, there is no savior besides Him, there is no other name given under heaven whereby men can be saved. Of these things I testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts