Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 11 Week 4

Dear Everyone,

    It is incredible to see how fast time flies on the mission. It is so important to make each day, yea, even each hour count. This week began, for me, with a funeral of someone I knew, but did not know as well as I would have liked. I had been able to visit this Sister a few times and had heard her stories of missions and silly Elders and  a Family History missionary who wanted so badly to preach the Gospel that she went out and tried. I was able to listen to portions of her life I had never known about and look forward to associating with her beyond the veil. That night I went with the Spanish Elders to the Martinez family's house. We did scriptural charades and the Elders and I were able to act out two scenes. The first we did was Noah's Ark. Elder Duran and I pretended to be the mockers and scorners of Noah. While the faithful Noah (Elder Brown) worked on his ark (chair), Elder Duran and I pointed and laughed and danced until he got on his chair and waited. The rain came down and both I and Elder Duran were swept away into destruction. The second one we did was the story of Nephi obtaining the plates of brass from Laban. Well, Elder Duran went and tried to talk Laban into giving him the plates, but it did not go over very well. The second time we brought food and he took it and bit into it and sent us away. The third time I took a wooden spoon and played out the rest of the story and obtained the plates.

    On Tuesday I had my last day at Meals on Wheels. It has been quite an experience to deliver meals to the elderly and to see their appreciation. That afternoon I went to the Healing Place Thrift Store and then to the Temple. Wednesday morning I returned to the Temple and after a session I had my study in the waiting room.

Thursday we had zone conference and that was a really good experience. We focused on member missionary work and using our dinners effectively. Elder Chase and Elder Stanfield sang an incredible duet of "Can You Hear The Prayers of the Children" that was really powerful. Wow, I will never forget that day. I went with the Spanish Elders that night and we stopped by to check on some people. We then had dinner with Brother Foster and learned of the tender mercies the Lord had wrought in his life.

    Friday morning I returned to the Temple and then went to the Healing Place Thrift Store. While I was there a mountain of boxes were brought in. Thankfully that gave me plenty to do until it was time to go.

    Saturday I spent my time at the Thrift Store from 11-5 and then went with the English Elders to an appointment.

    Sunday I went to church and then went with the Spanish Elders.

    All in all it was a pretty good week. I have learned a lot this week about obedience and the blessings it brings. I know that this is Christ's church. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S Monson. I know that he is the mouthpiece of the Lord. These things I know and leave them with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts