Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 11 Week 5

Dear Everyone,

    This week has gone by so quickly. I cannot believe how fast time can fly by. This past week I have been able to volunteer at a few places and continue to drive the missionaries around. I started my week of service after having a study session with the Spanish Elders. I am still working on finishing the Book of Mormon again before the end of my mission. I am currently in Mosiah right after they kill Abinadi. As I was reading the sermon of King Benjamin hit me in a way it had never before done. I felt the power and testimony behind it and felt how the pure doctrine taught could change attitudes and behavior. After study I went with the Spanish Elders to the Dorcas Thrift Shop and was able to assist in volunteering there. I had to leave a bit earlier than the missionaries though, since I was expected at the other thrift store. I volunteered at the Healing Place Thrift Store and met a new friend. He and I ended up talking for about three and a half hours straight and that made the time sail by. It was nice to find someone with similar interests to talk to. I then went out with the Spanish Elders and we dropped by a few people.
    On Wednesday I went to District Meeting and we studied how to begin teaching a lesson. I know that sounds pretty basic, but there are key points that even the "old" missionaries miss. It was really good to be able to role play and increase our adeptness in this. After lunch I went to the Healing Place Thrift Store and spent the rest of my day there. We received a truck load of donations and it has been quite a task to sort through it all. As of Saturday the back room was still packed.
    On Thursday I went to the Thrift Store after having study with the Spanish Elders and spent most of my day there. That night the Elders did not need me so I ended up indexing and working on my Spanish.
    On Friday I went with the Spanish Elders and then back to the Thrift Store. That night I reunited with the Spanish Elders and we had an incredible lesson with the Vicente family. We taught the word of wisdom and Brother Vicente thanked us a few times and even shared insights on the promises found in Doctrine and Covenants Section 89. We had dinner with the Serapio family and then dropped the Elders off.
    On Saturday I went to the Healing Place Thrift Store for most of the day and was able to get through a few bags of clothes and things. That night I went with the Spanish Elders and we were able to see a few people. We were glad to find out that one of the couples that we have been teaching have decided to get married. :)
    Sunday was a pretty amazing day. I got to sing in the ward choir and then again in the Messiah rehearsal. It was a wonderful end to a good week. I felt a great love and joy as I united with the different members of the choir in singing praises to the Lord. I ended the night with the Spanish Elders and we were able to teach a family and drop by a few others.

    Wow, it is hard to believe that so much time has gone by so quickly and yet so much has happened in the last year and some. I have learned a lot and know there is so much more to learn. I have a greater testimony of the Book of Mormon and the witness of Jesus Christ that it contains. I know that this is Christ's church and His work and it will go forth until He shall say it is finished. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Messiah that prophets prophesied would come and will come again. These things I share in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts