Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 2 Week 1

Dear All,

    This past week has been quite an adventure. I transferred back to Cary from Henderson on Tuesday night and am way excited to be back in my home ward. I've spent most of my time with the Spanish Missionaries and have reinforced my resolve to learn Spanish while I'm out on my mission. We had about 9 investigators come to church and also had another confirmed a member of the church :D Elder Chupin and Rees invited me to participate, but because I did not know the person it would have been slightly awkward. Last night though, I had an amazing experience with one of our progressing investigators. We watched Legacy, which is a movie about the hardships and persecutions the early saints had to bear. Afterwards, the missionaries and I bore strong testimonies of Jesus Christ and how our faith in Him can get us through any trial. I bore my testimony that as long as we put our faith in Christ and follow His teachings, we will find peace and joy in our lives. I also testified that God will never give us commandments without providing a way for us to accomplish them. I know that as we build our lives on the Foundation of Christ, His Atonement and teachings that we all can find a greater sense of peace, joy and purpose.

   I also drove the English missionaries around, but most of our investigators were not home :(. We did have a way good discussion with this one lady though. She felt the spirit and should be coming to church next Sunday! :D

   I started to work on my service in the community by volunteering at Meals on Wheels. I had a way sweet time delivering meals to elderly folk and spending time listening to them reminisce about times 60-70 years ago. I plan on working with them twice a week and possibly more than that as times allows.

Thankfully I don't have a mile limitation, because I drove about 300 miles the past few days...

    On my mission I've experienced a happiness beyond anything I have felt before in my life. There is something unique about missionary work.. In Calvin Stephens' talk "The Mission and Work of the Savior" he talks about how Christ cast out demons by teaching people a better way to live. That's what we are doing! We are helping people overcome addictions, overcome hatred, overcome hardships and all manner of trials and afflictions by simply teaching them that there is a better way and teaching them how they can follow Christ's example and find peace.

    I know this church is true, I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and that he translated, through the power of God, an ancient record that stands as a second testimony of Jesus Christ. A record you can hold in your very hands. This very record, The Book of Mormon, is the fruit of a true Prophet of God. A Prophet just as Moses, Abraham and Noah of Old Testament times. I know that as you read, study, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon, with real intent, seeking to know the truthfulness thereof, the Holy Ghost will testify to your very spirit that it is true. I know that as we strive to learn and follow God's will in our lives that we will find happiness and peace, even though we are tried, even though the world is falling apart around us, we can know that our foundation is sure. For "[Christ] is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12 I leave these things with you in His Name, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts

P.S. Thanks for all the letters!*
I have stamps now! XD