Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 2 Week 2

Hello all,

    This week has been quite a week. I started the week by going with the Spanish missionaries to teach a Family Home Evening lesson, because I am still learning Spanish I sat pretty quietly and bore my testimony as necessary. On Tuesday I went to volunteer at Meals on Wheels and delivered meals to the elderly :) I love being able to converse with those who are not able to get out much. I actually had an amazing conversation with one Mrs. Wright on Thursday :D

    I spent the rest of my Tuesday with the English Elders and we went around to see less actives and one of the members. At the member's house we taught about patience and how we can acquire Christ like attributes through faith, specific sincere prayer, and obedience.

    On Wednesday morning I had an amazing Temple session and proceeded back home to have brunch before heading to the public library to shelve books for 3 hours :) I had a gospel conversation with one of my fellow volunteers and was able to share a brief history of the church, including the First Vision. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to share that miraculous vision. I then picked up the Spanish missionaries and had an great dinner appointment with Sister Calderon. We then headed over to a less active's house and I got along really well with the family. Elder Chupin and Rees were way excited about that.
   
    On Thursday I went to Meals on Wheels again and had a quality gospel conversation on the Atonement of Christ and how it marked the end of blood sacrifices for sins. I then delivered the meals and met up with the Spanish missionaries. We had a way good discussion on the institution of the sacrament by Christ to the people of ancient America. I bore my testimony in Spanish, but some German slipped in. We then had a dinner appointment with one of the families in the Cary 3rd branch. Afterwards we headed over to pick up the Garner Missionaries because they had forgotten their bike rack and were not able to bike back to Garner. So, I picked them up, went to Garner, dropped them off, and drove and dropped the Cary Spanish Missionaries off. :D

    On Friday I went to a temple session and then went to the Family History Center. I ended up listening to one of the workers recount many miracles in being able to find records for his deceased ancestors and also in teaching the restored gospel. I went with the English Elders later that day and we were supposed to turn down one street, but ended up pushing a jeep out of the mud on a street further down. This experience ended up being a lesson for us on following the promptings of the Holy Ghost, because even though we missed the first turn we felt alright about it and kept going until we felt it was right to turn. 

    I woke up way excited and ready to get to work on Saturday. I had a nice walk, studied, had breakfast and went to the Library to shelve books for 3 hours again. :D I ended up coming back with a long mental list of books to read. You never know what you have until it's gone, or you are not able to do anything about it. Afterwards I went with the English Missionaries. Later that night I was able to share the First Vision and some of my missionary experiences with one of my old co workers! I was very glad to have an opportunity to do that.

    Sunday was by far the most amazing day. In the morning I went over and studied with the Spanish Missionaries. We then headed out and invited our investigators to church. We headed out afterwards to the church and ended up leading our recent convert to the Singles' Ward to introduce them to the missionaries there. We had an amazing sacrament meeting there and the min topic was that of the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. One of the speakers was Sister Clark who had just returned from her mission in Anchorage, Alaska. Yay for sister missionaries! Later that day we lead our recent convert to an amazing fireside at President Deaver's house. I had an incredible time there and after the wonderful testimonies (all in Spanish), I had an opportunity to converse with my companion from Raleigh, Elder Allen! I also ended up being able to converse with Elder Perez in Spanish for about 15-20 minutes and also with the recent converts. ^^

 I realized many times this week that one of my greatest problems is my tendency to focus so much on the amount of work I have yet to do in this life and how much I have yet to grow that I fail to fully notice and appreciate how far I have come in such a short time. I know that all of my progress would be naught without the Atonement and the assistance of my family, friends and the Holy Ghost though. :)  I also know that the tender mercies of the Lord are upon all His chosen servants, all of those who will harken unto the voice of the Savior and align their will with the will of the Father. We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. He loves us and wants to bless us with blessings beyond our comprehension. He wants us to be happy forever and has provided a way to do so, He sent a savior, even Jesus Christ to teach the way in which we can return to our Father. He has called a Prophet in these the latter days, to organize the Church of Jesus Christ again on the earth, that all nations might know whereby they may obtain salvation and eternal life. I bear you my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that very church, restored through a Latter day Prophet, even Joseph Smith. You can know for yourself if this is true through the power of the Holy Ghost,  for the "...[Holy Ghost] will teach [us] all things..." John 14:26 And as you read in, ponder about and pray about the Book of Mormon, "with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truthfulness of these things unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost, and by the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things" Moroni 10:6-7 I leave this testimony and witness unto you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior Amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts