Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 2 Week 3

Hello all,

    Sorry that my post is late, but I only took a partial P-day yesterday so that I could get to work earlier. This past week has been pretty incredible. I am continuing to learn a lot and am abundantly blessed with opportunities to share my testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I volunteered at Meals on Wheels twice this week and spent time at the Library shelving books in between trips to the Temple. However, most of my week was spent with the Spanish Missionaries. We taught a few first discussions and I was able to share the First Vision in Spanish again this week :D I have found that sharing the First Vision is my favorite part of teaching a lesson. The Spirit testifies so strongly every time, without fail.  I can definitely say my Spanish is improving; but I still have a long way to go in terms of holding a decent conversation without having to ask how to say a specific word.
    During the past week I've come to have a greater sense of charity for those whom we are teaching and even those we pass by. It all draws back to the fact that we are all brothers and sisters, we are all family and are in this mess together. So, either we work together and get something done, or we gripe, envy and bicker and end up forgetting the whole reason why we are here. That is one of the beauties of the Gospel: it teaches us who we truly are and what we have the potential to become. (Romans 8:16-17)
     I've also found that this work is very easy to lose yourself in. There are so many people out there searching and so many different ways to reach them that you can hardly take time to think about yourself, except to remember to eat at some point and that sleep is kind of important. Besides those two things, we have the luxury of focusing our entire 2 years to the needs of those around us. For most of us, we will never have that chance again. Thankfully, I've been given a chance to serve and am very grateful for that opportunity. One more thing, I've found that early morning study is what really keeps me going. Taking time to really pray and really focus on what I need to learn gives me a spiritual jump start that keeps me going for the day.

    Okay, time to elaborate on my experiences this week. On Monday night the Spanish Elders and I went to a less active's and shared a spiritual thought on being diligent, I shared my testimony that diligent righteousness will bring peace and happiness into our lives. On Tuesday I delivered meals to the Elderly and went with the Spanish missionaries to multiple appointments. We met a way sweet new family and taught the first discussion. Their ferret liked me a bit too much and took a sample of my arm. Thankfully, it turned out well in the end. I went to the Temple twice on Wednesday with a break in between to shelve books at the Library. On Thursday I delivered meals again and met up with the Spanish Elders. We had a wonderful experience watching The Restoration with one family and some other great appointments. On Friday I went to the temple again and went with the Spanish Missionaries. We attended the Chili Cook Off and were able to invite some less actives and investigators to attend. On Saturday I was with the Spanish Missionaries from 9am-9pm and we had quite an amazing day. We tracted in Apex and taught a wonderful First Discussion to a family we found there. We also set up appointments with 4-5 people and will return this Thursday. Sunday was absolutely wonderful, as always. After church, which was amazing by the way, the Spanish Missionaries and I ate dinner with a way sweet family. On Monday I went with the Spanish Elders again from 12:15-9. Elder Chupin and I were able to go on splits together and we taught 3 incredible lessons and found three new investigators. I was able to share my conversion story in one of the lessons and the First Vision in another. It was by far my favorite day.

    I bear my testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. It takes the weak and lifts them up, it takes the strong and refines them. It is a means by which we may come to know Our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. As we come to know them and the immense love they have for us and strive to follow the commandments we have been given, we will find peace and happiness in our daily lives. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen,

Elder Roberts