Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 2 Week 4

Hello All,

    This week has been quite an interesting week, as you all know I started a bit early with my work this week by heading out with the Spanish Missionaries early Monday afternoon. On Tuesday night I went to the Temple and on Wednesday I had my first normal day of the week.

    I started Wednesday morning with a trip to the lovely Temple in Apex. I would like to take a short moment to express my testimony of Temples. I know that they are the House[s] of the Lord, the peace, beauty and sheer majesty of them is a testimony of that in and of itself. I know that if one takes the time to just sit outside of one they can feel that peace and spirit that resides there. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve there on a regular basis and feel the strength, peace and joy that comes therefrom.  In between sessions (two in the morning and two at night) I shelved books at the library and had luck in finding books that had been thought to be lost. I also found out that one of my friends was a member. My excuse for not knowing is that she was in a completely different stake. I also had a couple of really good conversations about what my mission is and how it is a little bit different from the usual missions that 19 and 21 year olds embark on. On Thursday I delivered meals for Meals on Wheels and caught up with on of my potential investigators there. She had read the restoration pamphlet and I recommitted her to reading The Book of Mormon! ^^ I am so very grateful to have this gospel to share! I later went with the Spanish missionaries to Apex and we had quite a time tracting. We had a couple of people who were interested and hope to return there soon. On Friday I went back to the temple again and also to the Library. I had a way sweet conversation with one of the Librarians about family history and he told me about how he had done a large chunk of his family history and was glad to have access to the original paper records. That night I went with the English missionaries and we had a good time talking with a less active. On Saturday I went with the Spanish missionaries for most of the day, but we were counseled to get indoors before dark due to the festivities of Halloween. It was weird to not celebrate Halloween at all this year, but it was definitely worth it. Sunday was a pretty good day. We had fast and testimony meeting and were able to hear the testimonies of the members on the truthfulness of various principles of the gospel and how simple they really are. Many times we try to over complicate it, but the truth is that the basics can be understood by children. "Do your best and leave to the Lord the rest." I know that as I have followed the true and simple principles of faith, obedience, repentance, prayer and work I have found a fuller sense of joy and peace in my life.

     I am grateful to know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally and loves me despite my weaknesses. I'm grateful to know that He sent His Son, even Jesus Christ to provide a way for me to return and live with my Heavenly Father. I am grateful to know that the Church of Jesus Christ is again on the earth and that a Prophet of God presides over it, even Thomas S. Monson. I am grateful for Joseph Smith and his valiant life and testimony. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the source of wisdom and support it has been to me. I would exhort all of you to renew your commitments to study, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon. For those of you who have never read this book, I would challenge you to pick it up and give it a serious read. If the testimony of the millions of lives that have been changed, the families that have been strengthened and the wounds that have been healed because of this volume of scripture is not enough reason, I hope that my testimony of how it has changed my life and those around me will be. It has lifted me from a life of pain and misery into a life of hope and joy. I have seen families draw closer, addicts gain the strength to overcome, and those who already had a relationship with God find themselves even closer through this book. I know that all of you can experience these same miracles in your own life. Why? Because of the truthfulness thereof, because of the true and simple principles taught therein, because it is a tried and true way... For those of you who have read it before I hope that you are finding time to read it daily. It will be a constant reminder of who you are and your relationship to God, Jesus Christ and those around you. I know that as you strive to live in harmony with the teachings therein, you will have a constant source of strength and purpose in your lives. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

    I hope that all of you have a wonderful week and that you have enjoyed reading these updates.

With love,

Elder Roberts