Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 3 Week 1

Dear Everyone,
 
    I'm in Goldsboro and am now serving with Elder Richards in the Goldsboro 1st ward. This week has been an interesting one full of rejection, introductions, triumphs and falls. We started out by shopping for food and ended our day with much tracting. I learned an interesting piece of doctirne, actually several pieces of doctrine, from an Elder Cox. He made the interesting connection that we, as Elders, are working under keys of teaching, but not of finding.. We don't have the keys to find... It is actually the members who operate under those keys. That doesn't mean we are going to stop tracting/finding though, someone has to do it. :)
   
    On Wednesday we had a very interesting district meeting involving an activity where we walked blind folded while a group of angels and a goup of demons tempted/encouraged us to either heaven or hell. I almost ended up in Hell, but at the last moment stopped and pondered. An "angel" appeared and took me by the shoulders, after leading me over a wall of chairs/trials I ended up safely in heaven. Not the most doctrinally sound district meeting, but interesting nonetheless. We also talked about the temptations of Christ and how one of the main goals of Satan was to get Jesus to doubt.. He does this in each of our lives by instilling doubt of correct principles by posing an "if" statement, just as he did with Christ. "IF, thou art the Son of God..." The Pharisees used the same when Christ was being crucifed, basically, if thou art who thou sayest thou art, lift thy self down. To combat this onslaught of doubt we must put our faith in a sure foundation, one that will not change. We must put our Faith in Christ and hold unto that faith, for He is the way and the Light of the World. Those who follow Him need not walk in the darkness of doubt, but with a brightness of hope.
   
    As I have gone through this week I have remembered that counsel, to doubt not and press forward with steadfast faith, and it has strengthened me and helped me to gain an even stronger testimony of Gospel principles. One of the greatest blessings I have found is a deeper appreciation for the truth and testimony I do have. I am grateful to have the wonderful blessing to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it has blessed my life exceedingly and filled it to the brim with joy and purpose. Whenever I am in distress I know where to look for relief, for guidence and for comfort. I know whom I serve and am grateful for the opportunity to do so. I am grateful for the atoning sacrifice of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, and for the opportunity I have to share that enabling atonement with those around me. I am grateful for the restoration of simple truths and for the leaders of the church. I am grateful for Joseph Smith and his sacrifices in building up the Kingdom of God on the Earth. I am grateful for modern day prophets and how their guidence has directed my life toward Christ and His teachings. I am grateful for personal revelation and how it has directed me to make righteous choices. I am grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how it has guided me and testified of truths, I am grateful for the process of repentance for when I have not adhered to His promptings as well as I should have. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to improve and gain greater knowledge in this life. I am grateful for a loving family and for the sacrifices they have made that I could serve the Lord. I am grateful for their endless patience with me and my many faults. I am grateful for friends that uplift and ward members that have become family to me. I am grateful for the endless love of my Heavenly Father and how He has stuck with me through my hard heartednesses and stubborn times and has humbled me on countless occasions. XD God is real... He knows and loves each and everyone of us personally, despite our flaws, despite our weaknesses, despite our rebellious stages, He loves us and waits everso patiently for us to reach out and take the hand He offers each and every one of us. He has provided a more excellent way for us to follow, even His Son Jesus Christ. As we follow the example that He has set for us, as we seek to glorify our Father in Heaven and follow His will in our lives, we will begin to fill that void in our lives, we will find that peace, joy and stability that is such a precious gift in this world of unstable values and war.. I extend that offer to each and everyone of you. "Lengthen your stride," come and see the wonderful blessings of the restored gospel in more abundance. I know that as each and every one of us draws closer to our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, we will draw closer to one another in unity of purpose and in joy.. I leave my testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the church of Jesus Christ restored again on the Earth, and that the Book of Mormon is the truest of any book on the Earth and that mankind can draw closer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book. I leave this testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ
 
Amen,
 
Elder Roberts
 
P.S. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
P.P.S Happy late Birthday to Emily and Elder Rees and Happy Early Birthday to Mary!