Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 2 Week 5

Dear Everyone,

    First off, I would like to thank those who are reading; I am grateful that I have this opportunity to share my experiences with you. ^^ Mission life is interesting as always, and this week especially held a few surprises and many learning opportunities for both me and the other Elders. Zone conference was held this week and I was able to wake up extremely early to drive two other Elders and one member to Chapel Hill to attend. It was quite the learning experience. We learned how to focus on teaching doctrine and principles instead of focusing so much on the application. I spent the rest of my week with the Spanish Elders and also with giving service in the Temple and at Meals on Wheels. We had a lot of success this week in both finding and teaching new investigators. We found two wonderful families who are now being taught the Restored Gospel ^^ I was so blessed to be able to participate in teaching both of them. One of my greatest blessings this week was that one of our investigators has decided to enter the waters of baptism! Yay! :D It is decisions like that, decisions to take hold of the outstretched hand of the Savior, that make all our work worth it. I went with the Garner Spanish Elders this week too, I was able to bear my testimony on how reading and abiding by the principles of the Book of Mormon bring us closer to God and help us to overcome problems in our families and to find greater love for our fellowmen. On Tuesday I woke up with my allergies acting up and mistakingly thought I had gotten sick, so I called in to Meals on Wheels to let them know I could not come for fear of getting the Elderly sick. Thankfully I was able to go on Thursday though! ^^

    This week I learned a lot and I'm pretty jumbled at the moment trying to piece it all together. I learned to be more grateful, even when I have a headache and everything is going downhill. I learned that the night is darkest right before the dawn. That no matter what happens, it is important to stand up for what you believe in and never give up. It is more important to love than to be right. Take baby steps when teaching. Song truly is a type of prayer. We all have a million reasons to smile.

    I hope you will all forgive my shortness of writing today. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

    I leave you my testimony that this work is the work of the Lord and it will go forth. I testify that God loves each and everyone of you and He knows what you are going through. I know that as we reach out to Him through prayer and obedience to His commandments we can come closer to Him and partake of a marvelous and wonderful peace. I am always touched by the story "Footprints in the Sand" It reminds me that we will never be left alone.. I know that we will never be left alone in this life and that there is always someone reaching out to you. It could be a family member, a friend, a random stranger or just the guy who always smiles and waves to you on the way to work. I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are on all of God's children and that as we look for them we will find them in abundance and grow in our own testimonies of His love for us.

    I am grateful for this opportunity to serve and look forward to continuing to do so.

With Love,

Elder Roberts