Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 6 Week 2

Dear Everyone,

    First off I want to give a shout out to my comrade Greg and hope that all is well and look forward to seeing him again. Secondly, I want to send out my love and support to Sister Barney. :) Truly sweet is the peace the gospel brings...

    How about that General Conference?! I do not know what I would do or who I would be without it. The talks ranging from parenthood to purity to having faith and hope in the atonement and the resurrection of Christ our Lord. I was especially touched by Jeffrey R Holland's talk and also by Julie B Beck reminding us of the sanctity and beauty of womanhood and just how grateful we should be for the women in our lives. I know that I would not be here today without the help of a couple of choice daughters. My mother for one, who without I would not exist, and two my loving aunt who raised me as her own. Not to leave out the many other choice daughters who have joined in being there when needed. A heart-filled thank you to all of you. Some of you know who you are, and others may never know. Keep being virtuous, modest, neat and clean daughters of God. Your influence will be felt throughout the eternities.

    I was also shown more fully the privilege I have to be able to hold the Priesthood. It is such a blessing to have the power of God on the Earth and such a capacity for service. To be an extension of God's power and love on the Earth is such an honor. May we all live up to this great responsibility.

    As for Durham, all is well. We are working with our investigator towards her baptismal date and as a companionship it has been smooth sailing. I have been blessed wit a righteous companion and am grateful for that added strength in the work. Reflecting during conference I penned my deep gratitude for my mission and the changes that have taken place thus far. "So much has happened so far. Weaknesses [have been] tempered, relationships sown, lives lifted and homes pieced together by my being an extension of His Holy love. How I was ever given this wonderful chance I know not, but I will do my best to uphold the trust the Savior of the Wold has in me..." It is a privilege to serve. I have gained a stronger testimony of the work and of this church. I know that Christ lives and that He lives to guide, comfort and bring all of His Father's children home. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts