Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 6 Week 5

Hello Everyone,

    I hope your weeks have gone well. I know mine has :D. This has been by far the strangest week in my mission. On Monday night we got a call from the member who has been suffering from Leukemia and he asked us for a ride and a place to stay. We tried our best to find someone and later found out that he was supposed to stay there. He collapsed at about 1am and was rushed into the ICU for two days. I saw him later on that week and he was doing a lot better. Well, Elder Salazar and three other Elders, including me, went to the Garcia's on Tuesday to eat and I had my first taste of squirrel. It was quite tasty actually. We went to Zone Conference on Wednesday and we ended up having an activity where we broke into teams and we played 5 different games. I ended up being team captain for the Moronites, or as my team members affectionately called me "Captain Moroni." So, true to our namesake, if all teams had been like unto the Moronites they would have won every game, which we did. After Zone Conference I went to Raleigh on an exchange with Elder Stewart. We talked to one young woman and asked if she had received an answer about the Book of Mormon. She said she had, but the answer was kindof mixed. She said the answer was yes, but that she was told not to do anything about it. My companion helped her understand that part of the answer was from God and the other from that great imitator we call Satan.

    The next morning I thought about the statement "If it does not rise with you, you shouldn't be doing it." I thought about my hobbies such as video game playing, photography, writing and whatnot, and thought about which ones would be the most edifying and helpful to work on in terms of my eternal disposition towards happiness or misery and I decided to focus on those that were the most uplifting. I returned to Durham that day and went on an exchange with Elder Childs the next day. We ran into Howie again and I was able to talk to him in more depth about how he was doing. Elder Childs and I taught some great lessons and then went to eat with the other Elders with the Rodrieguez family. On Saturday we did service at the Durham Central Park and I got a call from the mission president asking me if I could stay. I found out that my companion is getting transferred and I am taking over the area for a few weeks... Well, I take comfort that who the Lord calls He qualifies. I know that this is the Lord's work. I know that I am a member of His restored church. I know that we have a Prophet on the Earth today and that Christ knows and loves each and every one of us. He knows our pains and our afflictions. Let Him heal you. In His sacred name, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts