Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 6 Week 3

Dear Everyone,
 Another week has gone by and I am now 20 years old.. On Saturday I made cake and monkey bread and we had ice cream and Little Ceasar's pizza. It was quite an experience. During the past week my companion and I have found many new potential investigators, but lost our baptismal date. That is alright though, we would not want to baptize her unless she was really ready. We want to find, teach and baptize the elect, those who are seeking the truth and greater light. I think we found one last night though. He had been to several churches and he had talked to several teachers and preachers, but none of them could convince him. Well, we informed him that our job was not to convince, but to teach and testify and let the Spirit bear witness of the truthfulness of our words. We let him know that he needs to read the Book of Mormon and search it out for himself in prayer. That reminds me of another man we were teaching. His faith in prayer brought me to the verge of tears. I told him to pray and that he would receive and answer. I know both of them and anyone who puts Moroni's promise to the test will receive a witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

    I know because I have received this witness for myself and many other witnesses concerning the truthfulness of this work and that God is not a respecter of persons. If He gave it to m, He will give it to any of His children. I know that God lives, I know that Jesus Christ is His Son. I know that Christ lives and guides this church today through a modern day prophet and through modern day scriptures and revelation. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and hope to continue to make a small difference where I can.

With Love,

Elder Roberts