Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 7 Week 6

Dear Everyone,
    We are now at the end of another transfer. I still am not able to understand how time can go by so slow, yet so quickly. I am being transferred to either the Fayetteville West or Wilmington Zones and will find out tomorrow at Transfer Meeting. I love Dunn and the ward and will miss the people that I have been able to meet and bring the restored gospel to. We found a few new people this week and will be teaching them later on tonight and throughout the rest of the week. I look forward to those experiences and to the experiences I will yet have in my new area. I went on an exchange with one of the Zone Leaders this past week and I learned a lot from him. We had dinner over at one of the members and taught this really nice lady about the restoration and clarified some concerns and doctrinal misconceptions. She seems like she is prepared to let the gospel of Jesus Christ continue to influence and guide her in making righteous choices. I am eternally grateful for the influence the Gospel of Jesus Christ has had in my life and in the lives of those I know and love. I know that I could not be who I am today or where I am today without it or Him.
     The Atonement plays an especially significant part in this with the condition of repentance attached. It is a gift from God to not only cleanse us from our sins, but to strengthen us in our daily lives against our struggles. I was studying this morning on the doctrine of the Atonement and the differences between rewards and gifts. When we are rewarded it is usually something we have worked for and earned. When we are rewarded for our works, whether they be good or evil, we have earned the just sum of what we have worked for. However, when we are given a gift it is usually something we have not or cannot earn on our own. With this gift there are conditions to receive the gift, the primary one being to accept the gift that is given. Otherwise you cannot receive the gift. The gift of the Atonement requires some work on our part to fully enjoy the blessings thereof, but because we cannot possibly perform an atonement for ourselves, it is still a gift. We went over the doctrine of the Atonement in District meeting on Wednesday and I thought a lot about how love is one of the prime motivating factors for the Atonement and all other aspects of the plan of salvation. Heavenly Father's love for us gave us the agency to choose right from wrong which lead to some choosing sin and death. His love for us lead Him to prepare a way for us to overcome the effects of sin and death by preparing a Savior and Redeemer. This Messiah, even Jesus Christ, accepted His calling and out of supreme love and devotion to both His Father and to us, performed the Atonement, whereby we are given the means to return to Our Heavenly Father's presence. It is love that brought the Son of God to the earth; it is love that led Him to obey His Father in all things; it is love that lead Him to the Garden of Gethsemane, and to the Cross at Calvary. His Atonement, beginning with His suffering in Gethsemane and ending with the Resurrection, are manifestations of His love, His perfect love for Our Heavenly Father and for each and every one of us. May we all strive to live according to the example that He has set for us.
    I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind. I know that He the Son of God, sent to deliver us from our sins. I know that God is our literal Father in Heaven. I know that They live and lead and guide the children of God through a modern day Prophet. I know that the same church that Christ established with the foundation of apostles and prophets exists today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that the evidence is in the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and alongside the Bible testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that if you read it and ask God if it is true you will receive an answer from God by the power of the Holy Ghost. I have a testimony of the miracle of conversion, how a testimony of true principles can lead one to make necessary changes to procure eternal happiness. I have seen it in the eyes of Sister Messer. She was recently baptized this past week and you could see it, she was absolutely glowing with joy. That is why we are out here. We are out here to share the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with every soul and give them an opportunity to have it change their lives. I know that it is God's will that I am here. In the sacred name of His Son, even Jesus Christ. Amen.
With Love,
Elder Roberts
btw: My New Address is:
Elder Andrew J. Roberts (use my full name there are two of us...)
6508 Falls of Neuse Ste. 100
Raleigh, NC 27615
This is the address to the mission office, they will forward my mail to whereever it needs to go unless you use UPS, if you need to use UPS get my home address from me or my family and they will take care of it until I am able to retrieve it there. ^^ This address will work till March!