Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 8 Week 1

Dear Everyone,

    Well, I was transferred back to Cary to resume my mission as a service missionary. I am so glad to be back in my home ward! ^^ I was able to attend the Temple, return to Meals on Wheels and Helping Hands Mission along with helping out at the Library and beginning to serve at the Healing Place's newly opened thrift store. I had a lot of fun serving this week at the various organizations and I look forward to continuing to serve them over the next nine months. I love being a missionary, there is something in being called as a representative of the Savior in everything you say and do that cannot be found anywhere else. It is a refining process for the soul, burning out the dross and leaving behind purity and beauty. I have seen my love for those I have served grow and my understanding make leaps and bounds. I am especially grateful for the opportunity I have to study the words of the Savior and receive revelation daily. It is a habit I will carry into the rest of my life. I am glad to be able to be here to help the missionaries in my area. I went with Elder Obregon and Elder Brown and we were able to teach a really good lesson and it was a really sweet experience to see and feel the Spirit working through us. I know that God knows and loves His children on a personal basis, but that we are His hands in reaching out with His infinite light and love. I went with Elder Childs and Elder Reimann and we were able to teach an extremely intelligent, extremely humble man last night. He was so open and I could see the love both Elder Childs and Elder Reimann have for him. Charity truly is a gift from God bestowed upon us as we are in the service of our fellow beings. I am so blessed to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I have been protected from so many decisions that could have ruined my life and am able to press forward with steadfast faith in Christ and with a brightness of hope. I met a lady in Wal-Mart today and she and I were talking about the package I was about to send off to my friend because of her mission. The lady asked what church she belonged to and when I answered she replied that her father joined when he was 74 and is the happiest he's ever been. That is the effect the gospel has on people. When President Hinckley was asked whether it was hard to be a "Mormon," he replied "no, it's wonderful."  It is a privilege to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    I know that this is Jesus Christ's church. I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today and twelve Apostles. I know that Joseph Smith was the first of these modern day Prophets. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that, with the Holy Bible, it testifies that Jesus is the Christ, the promised Messiah; that He came and that He will come again. I know that God is our Eternal Father and that Jesus Christ is His Son. I know that the Atonement can cleanse us through the ordinances of the Gospel and that it can strengthen us in our daily lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With love,

Elder Roberts