Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 8 Week 2

Dear Everyone,

    Another week has flown by and I have again learned so much. My topic of study was humility and I learned quite a bit and it seemed to me that I was hearing about and learning about pride and humility wherever I went. Zone Conference was a truly humbling experience as we felt the Spirit very strongly and gained so much light and knowledge from Him. We broke out into roleplays and I found myself having a hard time making the transition from teaching from my own knowledge to teaching by the Spirit. I hope to continue to work on this, though even Elder Bednar said we would crash and burn the first times we tried, but we needed to resist the temptation to slip back into our old teaching habits. I went with the Spanish Elders, both in Cary and in Garner and we even taught a mostly deaf investigator. That got all of us fired up to learn sign language and I was blessed with the capacity to learn the alphabet and a good amount of words. The Garner Spanish Elders and I have had quite the time conversing with one another in sign language, but it has died down a bit. I continued my volunteer work at the Healing Place Thrift Store off of Kildaire Farm Rd and Ten Ten. (We are looking for volunteers if anyone is free to do so.) I also continued volunteering at the Meals on Wheels organization. I have had a really wonderful time and it is crazy that I am over the halfway mark. I almost do not know how to feel. I love being out here, being able to devote all my time and efforts in the service of others and as King Benjamin taught "when ye are in the service of your fellowmen ye are only in the service of your God." As I have served God I have been blessed to see many of the ways I could change to become closer to the Savior and as I have been out I have felt closer to both Jesus Christ and to my Heavenly Father. My love for my fellowman has increased and I have gained a great love for both the Spanish language and culture. My testimony has grown in leaps and bounds and I hope my maturity has done the same. XD I am so grateful that I had an opportunity to serve and even a chance to get a taste of what it is like to be a full-time missionary in the field. I think I have spent at least half of my time out in the field.  The best piece of news this week is that both of the sets of Spanish Elders set baptismal dates! I am so happy for them. :) They do work so hard.

    I know that this is truly the work of the Lord. I know even more surely every day that I am out here. I know that Jesus is the Son of God and the Savior of the World; I know that He lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God on the earth today. I know the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be the word of God as recorded by His holy Prophets. I know that I am a child of God and that everyone else in the world are children of a loving Heavenly Father. Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

With Love,

Elder Roberts