Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 13 Week 3

Dear Everyone,
 
      Well, it has been an interesting time just trying to get on the computer. The first computer I got on was infected by some sort of malware and since the computer was locked down, as most public computers are, we had to call for the IT guy and he came and spent about 30 minutes fixing it. In the meanwhile they tried to move me to another computer, but that one had been reserved to someone esle. *sigh* Yet, after about 15 minutes of them not showing up I was able to get on. This week we were able to go an teach a couple and the lesson went almost picture perfect. The Spirit was so strong and guided us in answering all the questions they had by just teaching the various principles and doctrines contained in the lesson. They both committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to come to church. We were able to follow up with them and they had read from the Book of Mormon, but since the boyfriend had to work late he did not want his family to go to church without him. We were able to have two other lessons with a family we have been teaching and things are going pretty slow with them.
 
      We have continued meeting with various families in the branch and have been teaching them the Doctrine of Christ and helping them make lists of people they can pray about how they can help them come unto Christ and learn of His Gospel. We had District Meeting on Wednesday, but since our District Leader was at training meeting we were instead taught by the Zone Leaders. The District Meeting went very well and we then went out to Wendy's for lunch. We then spent the rest of the time before dinner trying to track down some of the referrals we have received. After dinner we were able to meet with Keith and things are progressing there. Thrusday means Weekly Planning and that means we were in for most of the day. We were able to meet with Jeremy though. After we had dinner with the Abbots we were also able to visit with Leon. The lesson with Leon went very interesting and we spent most of the time answering questions he had concerning our beliefs.
 
     Friday we were able to meet with the Newtons and then that night we had a lesson and dinner with another family. Later that night we were able to meet with another member and an investigator that we ahve been working with. Saturday we spent most of the morning helping the branch move a member to Oxford. That night we had a talent show and I almost busted my hand trying to break through a plastic board. Thankfully I remembered what I was doing wrong and broke through it after the show. For the talent show my companion played recorder and then I read a poem I had written that week. Sunday we were able to do role plays and give training to the combined Relief Society and Priesthood. It went really well and we were able to answer questions afterward.
 
    I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is His Son and that Joseph Smith was called by God. I know that Joseph Smith was an instrument in the hand of God in restoring the true church of Christ and the pure Doctrine of Christ that had been lost. I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S. Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that anyone can know of its truthfulness through reading it, pondering the message it contains and praying with a sincere desire to know. I know these things through the power of the Holy Ghost and so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
With Love,
 
Elder Roberts