Updates by Email

Did you know you can receive my weekly updates right in your inbox? To receive my updates via email, enter your email address here:

Powered by Feed My Inbox

Transfer 13 Week 4

Dear Everyone,
 
    This week was very interesting. We visited with a family from India that comes to church every week, but are not members. We were able to teach very simply about baptism and I felt the Spirit really strongly, but there is not much we can do since we do not speak their languages. Tuesday morning we went with one of the members of the branch and helped him to collect firewood from a stock pile of wood at a factory. We then went with the Branch President to two of our newer investigators. It was great that he was there since questions were brought up about how we handle civil marriages and he was able to answer them. We then tried to teach a lesson to one of our investigators and a less active, but their focus was elsewhere. We then had a completely unexpected lesson on the law of chastity with one of our investigators at the library. We had District Meeting on Wednesday and we reviewed using the how to begin teaching points and thought about how we could use them in every lesson. We stopped by Jennifer's and I tried to pick up her little puppy but he urinated on my suit. After she let me borrow her boyfriend's suit I changed and went to put back on my shoes and my shoelace broke. XD It was quite hilarious. Well, we talked with her and she told us how she felt about the situation she was in and how deep her desire to be baptized was. We invited her to fast for an answer and she agreed. She then ended our lesson with a prayer and the faith present in her prayer was incredible. I was in tears by the end of it and felt prompted to read from Alma to her. Wow, I will never forget that moment. We were able to talk to the Branch President and he told us how his prayers were going for those people he had on the list and he already had names for us! Yay! Fruit! We had lunch at the Branch President's home and followed up on how the rest of the family was doing on the assignment we had left. We later had dinner at the Beatty's after a hardy weekly planning session and ended the night by teaching a lesson at Jeremy's.
 
    On Friday we spent most of the day cleaning the carpet and then had dinner at the Sullyans. We were able to teach the Doctrine of Christ there and begin working with them making a list of names to pray about. The next day we were able to stop by one of our investigators and check how their reading was going. We later went to the Berry's and were able to follow up with them and their list almost doubled. ^^ So many miracles!  We then had another lesson with Keith. On Sunday we began our fast for Jennifer and had an incredible fast and testimony meeting. Jennifer stood up and bore her testimony which was very heartfelt and touched many members of the ward. When we later had dinner at the Macintosh's, Brother Mactintosh commented how no other investigator, since he had been a member, had stood up and bore testimony. She trully is a golden investigator.
 
    I know that this is Christ's church. I know that my redeemer lives and that He is Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He knows and loves us. He hears our prayers and knows our needs. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that with the Bible it trully is a witness of the Savior. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and that there is a Prophet on the earth today, even Thomas S. Monson. I know these things through the power of the Holy Ghost and so can anyone who is willing to read, ponder and pray sincerely about the Book of Mormon. Of these things I witness, in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
With love,
 
Elder Roberts